NOPOTUS

stand up against Obama, impeach, watch, take him to task.Stand up for America

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Our History
Founding Fathers information
TAG leave quick comments here
Poll
How long will it take
 Within his first 100 days
 Within the first year
 Second year
 Third year
 Forth year
 Second term-god hope not!
View results
Links
HUCK'S ARMY
DEFEND OUR FLAG
NOBAMANATION
100% PRO LIFE
BADCHANGE.COM
NOFOCA;SIGN
GRASSFIRE.ORG
NRCC.ORG
SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS
NO PINHEAD ZONE
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

Share | 

BOY AM I ANGRY!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boxerpaws
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: BOY AM I ANGRY!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:38 pm

anyone know where to contact this idiot?

Seattle ornament banned from White House Christmas tree

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

By REGINA HACKETT
P-I ART CRITIC

When Seattle artist Deborah Lawrence was asked to create an ornament for a holiday tree at the White House, nobody familiar with her work could have imagined she'd stick to snowmen, Santa Claus or Mount Rainier bathed in festive red, white and blue.

That Lawrence submitted an ornament with the words "Impeach Bush" on its surface is also no surprise, except to the people responsible for picking her.
artist
Zoom Photo courtesy Deborah Lawrence
Artist Deborah Lawrence holds the ornament that will not hang on the White House Christmas tree.

The 9-inch ball Lawrence created is covered with swirly red and white stripes and features a picture of Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott of Seattle, who signed a House resolution to consider the impeachment of President George W. Bush. Tiny glued-on text on the ornament hails the impeachment resolution.

"I think it really is a shame and, quite frankly, not very much in the holiday spirit," first lady Laura Bush's spokeswoman, Sally McDonough, told The Associated Press.

McDonough said Tuesday that Lawrence's ornament was the only one of about 370 submitted for the White House tree that was rejected. Laura Bush had asked members of Congress to pick artists to decorate ornaments for the White House tree to showcase all 435 congressional districts.

Lawrence, 55, is pointedly political. She's anti-Iraq war, anti-torture, pro-peace, pro-environment, pro-feminism, pro-diversity and pro-spreading-the-wealth. Those aren't just her personal opinions; those are the issues that fuel the paintings she collages with printed messages.

"Her work is all about social justice," said Catherine Person, who exhibits Lawrence's work at Person Gallery in Seattle. "She's the most political artist I know and the most political artist I represent by 100 miles. She's a firebrand. Her last show in September was completely devoted to anti-Bush statements."

McDermott, whose office was responsible for the selection of Lawrence...

LINK to the rest of the story: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/390300_ornament03.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nopotus.0forum.biz
Kikki

PostSubject: Re: BOY AM I ANGRY!   Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 pm

What a crackpot, what just really sucks is all the Anti-Bush whackos are gonna buy her "art". She is just gettting free publicity. She needs to go away. I hope her gallery burns down and all the hate she promotes is gone forever. People like that just say the most insane things for attention sad thing though because then a few impressionable kids mad at their parents take it and run with it.
sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boxerpaws
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BOY AM I ANGRY!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 am

let's see if we can come up with her phone no and/or email address.
She needs to hear from us for doing such a terrible thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nopotus.0forum.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOY AM I ANGRY!   

Back to top Go down

BOY AM I ANGRY!
Page 1 of 1